Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 35 - Jn

Might be weird to keep counting days, especially since I probably need to reset to 1 after the cheesecake yesterday. Whatever. This is working right now.

I was in bed by 2 am. This is early considering. I went to visit the CSA farm with one of the roomates and we got plants for me to put in the dirt and apples for me to put into a dessert. I did both with great success.

And like all Sundays the Union Hill HC came over for a discussion and dinner. And it was (as always) the best meal of the week. Surrounded by family and good food. Nom.

No Workout- planned
Breakfast- Huevos Leftoveros, decaf coffee
Lunch- a pork chop and an apple while sweeping the floor.
Dinner- Garlic Chicken Stir Fry (I skipped the rice), Salad with green leaf lettuce, spinach, strawberries and mandarin oranges, Baked apples with a nut crust.


Rough Recipe: Baked apples
This one is more rough than normal because I was pretty much completely winging it.
"Crust"- Mix together slivered almonds, chopped hazelnuts, almond flour, coconut flour, half a stick of melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and some coconut sugar. Press into a crust in the bottom of a glass baking dish. Bake for 15 min at 350. Peel and core ~10 apples and cut into chunks. Toss with cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla and some more coconut sugar. Dump in to dish containing crust. Cover with foil and bake ~30 minutes until apples are tender.


No comments:

Post a Comment