No workout- Unplanned
Brunch- I had stuff to make scrambled eggs with veggies and ham. All I wanted was soft boiled eggs and ham. What I have been eating all week. I love it. Also some sauteed apples.
Lunch- I made bone broth over night with oxtails and I picked at the meat and veggies when I was packing it away.
Dinner- Venison Stew, Spinach and strawberry salad, (made garlic bread for the other humans), CHOCOLATE CAKE!!! (I had 2 pieces cause...um...it's my birthday!! Get over it).
Rough Recipe: Venison Stew
Kill a deer. Process it in your dining room. Freeze it and drive it across the country in a homemade freezer. That's the hard part.
In a large skillet heat up some coconut oil. Brown the deer chunks on all sides and toss in a slow cooker. Peel and chop parsnips, an onion and some carrots (or a sack of baby carrots) and add to the pot. Season with garlic, Italian seasoning, and a few bay leaves. Cook on low for 8 hours.
Real Recipe: Chocolate Cake!!!
Original ideas: http://paleospirit.com/2011/chocolate-paleo-snack-cake/
I made 2 patches of the cake and put them together in a bigger pan because I am feeding many people
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (heated so it is a liquid and easier to work with)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- Place the medjool dates in a food processor with 1/2 the applesauce and pulse until completely pureed.
- Add applesauce and continue to pulse until pureed and combined with the dates.
- Add the fruit purée to the bowl of a stand mixer, add the eggs, vanilla, coconut oil and coffee and mix on low-medium speed until well combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix on low-speed, scraping down the sides, until you have a smooth batter.
- Grease a 8×8 glass pan with coconut oil, pour in the batter and smooth it with the back of a spatula.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
2 T raw cacao powder
2 T Almond butter
3T Cashew butter
2 T coconut oil