Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 28 - Jn

It's my birthday and I will lick the spoon if I want to. It's also Sunday which means a meal with family. I made venison stew and a Whole 30 friendly (sort of since it is still dessert) cake. Yay! I got a text around 1:30 (we meet at 2:30) saying 5 extra people were coming. I made more food in a hurry. Then 3 people didn't come. Then 5 people left without eating dinner. And we were 5 with enough food for 15. Needless to say we have plenty of leftovers. It was a wonderful day.

No workout- Unplanned
Brunch- I had stuff to make scrambled eggs with veggies and ham. All I wanted was soft boiled eggs and ham. What I have been eating all week. I love it. Also some sauteed apples.
Lunch- I made bone broth over night with oxtails and I picked at the meat and veggies when I was packing it away.
Dinner- Venison Stew, Spinach and strawberry salad, (made garlic bread for the other humans), CHOCOLATE CAKE!!! (I had 2 pieces cause...um...it's my birthday!! Get over it).



Rough Recipe: Venison Stew

Kill a deer. Process it in your dining room. Freeze it and drive it across the country in a homemade freezer. That's the hard part.

In a large skillet heat up some coconut oil. Brown the deer chunks on all sides and toss in a slow cooker. Peel and chop parsnips, an onion and some carrots (or a sack of baby carrots) and add to the pot. Season with garlic, Italian seasoning, and a few bay leaves. Cook on low for 8 hours.


Real Recipe: Chocolate Cake!!!
Original ideas: http://paleospirit.com/2011/chocolate-paleo-snack-cake/
http://www.fitnessinanevolutionarydirection.com/2012/01/paleo-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough.html

I made 2 patches of the cake and put them together in a bigger pan because I am feeding many people
Ingredients
  • 10 medjool dates, pitted
  • 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil (heated so it is a liquid and easier to work with)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine celtic sea salt
  • 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
Instructions
  1. Place the medjool dates in a food processor with 1/2 the applesauce and pulse until completely pureed.
  2. Add applesauce and continue to pulse until pureed and combined with the dates.
  3. Add the fruit purée to the bowl of a stand mixer, add the eggs, vanilla, coconut oil and coffee and mix on low-medium speed until well combined.
  4. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
  5. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix on low-speed, scraping down the sides, until you have a smooth batter.
  6. Grease a 8×8 glass pan with coconut oil, pour in the batter and smooth it with the back of a spatula.
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
Makes 9-12 servings

“Icing” Ingredients:

2 T raw cacao powder
2 T Almond butter 
3T Cashew butter
2 T coconut oil






No comments:

Post a Comment