Went to get last minute foods for the feast at Wegs and had a blood sugar crash in the store. Bought a Lara Bar for a quick solution. Started cooking when I got home with a break for a tossed together lunch. I actually saved the beet tops from the beets I was using in another recipe and made those a part of lunch. Pat's self on head.
I did lots and lots and was joined by a roommate and we did lots and lots and then the family showed up and we finished getting everything ready to put stuff in the oven/eat and then suddenly my new family was around the table in my dining room. And I smiled like an idiot for most of the night. The night lived up to every bit the excitement I put in to it and I get to do the same thing next Sunday. Score! We had help cleaning up and then we unwound by talking. Such a good day. And we also completely spaced and forgot to take pictures of the big meal.
No workout- planned.
Breakfast- LO egg casserole, an orange, 50/50 water/OJ, peppermint tea
Lunch- Tuna with broccoli slaw and beet greens
Snack- Roasted pumpkin seeds.
Dinner- Passover Seder with the #6 family! - See below:
1. Seder Plates contain the following items.
2. the Meal (WITHOUT LEAVEN)
- Charoset - mixture of apples, walnuts, cinnamon, grape juice and honey
- Baytzah - hard boiled egg (We didn't eat this- it was all show)
- Zeroa - lamb shankbone
- Karpas - cilantro
- Maror - horseradish root
- Grape juice - (I probably had way too much of this)
- Lamb (We used this recipe and it was AMAZING http://paleomg.com/easter-weekend-herb-encrusted-leg-lamb/ )
- Salad (no croutons) - I made this dressing and everyone who tried it loved it but me ( http://masteringtheartofpaleocooking.com/2012/03/11/avocado-cilantro-salad-dressing/ )
- Oven Roasted Veggies (Purple Carrots, Beets, sweet potato, parsnips, Brussle sprouts tossed with olive oil, garlic powder and dill) - SOOOO good